Last Updated: June 2017
- Longitude: 28.427271
- Latitude: -32.634569
About Trennerys Hotel
Welcome to Trennerys Hotel. The scenic splendour of the rugged Wild Coast makes Trennerys Hotel the perfect destinationfor either the wild at heart or the nature lover who craves peace and tranquillity, rolling hills and untouched beaches.
Situated at Qolora Mouth,just a short drive north of East London, the hotel still maintains its old-world charm and its unique South African hospitality.
Set in idyllic Transkei, Trennerys is surrounded by green and lush, tropical vegetation and hills that go on for miles and miles. Close to the beach and with plenty to do – Trennerys Hotel is everybody’s first-choice affordable family getaway.
Guests at Trennerys Hotel can enjoy a range of Wild Coastadventure activities and outdoor activities or simply relax and enjoy the friendly atmosphere at our beautiful pool. Saturday evenings offer our legendary seafood extravaganza which is not to be missed.
Hotel attractions include:
- sun downers and snacks at the enchanting “Anchor Bar”
- tennis court
- volley ball
- jungle gym, swings and trampoline
- team-building activities (for corporate getaways)
Wild Coast Activities:
- lagoon cruises with champagne or a cold beer
- deep sea fishing trips
- beach – shipwreck walks – stroll along the un-spoilt natural beaches in search of lost treasure
- nature trails – guided tours and walks – including a spectacular walk in the forests to the waterfalls as well as cultural tours and education about the local fauna and flora
- mountain biking (bring your own bikes)
- boat rides – take in the plaintive cry of the fish eagle and the abundant bird life
- birding – view our abundance of birdlife
- 4x4 trails
- rock and surf fishing (fishing tackle available)
- Trevor's Trails
- 9 hole extreme golf course
Room / Unit Features
- En Suite Bathroom
- Fan In Room
- Hair Dryer In Room
- No Smoking In Rooms
- Tea And Coffee In Room
- TV - DSTV
- Wifi Hotspot
On Site Features
- Bar (fully Licensed)
- Braai / Barbecue
- Breakfast : Full English
- Childcare / Babysitting Service
- Child Friendly (all Ages)
- Conference Facilities
- Gay Friendly
- Guest Lounge
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Laundry Service Available
- Parking (off Street)
- Security (guard)
- Swimming Pool
- Transfers (others)
- Transfers (airport)
Map and Directions to Trennerys Hotel
GPS : 32° 38' 4.45" S / 28° 25' 38.18" E
From East London:
On the N2 from East London, take the Kei Mouth / Morgan Bay turnoff at Mooiplaas and follow the R349 for 44km into Kei Mouth. A few hundred metres past the petrol station, turn left and take the gravel road to the pontoon ferry (R60.00 cash per vehicle crossing the pont). Cross the Kei River on the ferry and drive 10km and turn right at the T-junction. From there it is a further 6km to Qolora.
Route 1 (tar + 25km dirt road):
At Butterworth take the R409 to Centane. From Centane drive along the dirt road to Trennerys for 25km.
Route 2 (tar + ferry + 16km dirt road):
31km past the Kei Bridge take the Kei Mouth / Morgan Bay turnoff at Mooiplaas and follow the R349 for 44km into Kei Mouth. A few hundred metres past the petrol station, turn left and take the gravel road to the pontoon ferry. Cross the Kei River on the ferry and drive 10km and turn right at the T-Junction. From there it is a further 6km to Qolora.
Route 3 (tar + ferry + 38km dirt road):
15km past the Kei Bridge turn left onto a dirt road at the Kei Mouth / Morgan Bay turnoff. 22km later at the T-Junction, turn left and drive another 22km on the tar road into Kei Mouth. A few hundred metres past the petrol station, turn left and take the gravel road to the pontoon ferry. Cross the Kei River on the ferry and drive 10km and turn right at the T-Junction. From there it is a further 6km to Qolora.